Pages

October 30, 2012

Salted Peanut and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Always used to love eating something sweet and something salty at the same time. Like salt sticks and chocolate or vanilla ice cream with pommes frites, of course home made. In my childhood during the winter we often had a warm soup and something sweet served afterwards. Well, I always ate the sweet dish first and the soup at the end. This haven't changed. Though lately, I have only published sweet treats, I can assure you that I also cook savoury meals, yet nothing special. So until then please enjoy these sweet and salty cookies!




Ingredients:
makes about 30 

125 g buckwheat flour

125 g flour
175 g butter
50 g sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg

70 g salted peanuts
100 g dark or milk chocolate chip


Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cream soft butter with sugar until fluffy, add vanilla extract and finally beat in the egg. Coarsly chop peanuts. Sift flour on top of the butter mixture, add chocolate chip and peanuts and knead everything together. Take the dough and form an about 3-4 cm diameter roll. Cut roll in about 0,5 cm slices and put them onto the baking paper covered sheet. Flatten them with the help of your fingers and bake about 10 minutes.


6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Lovely cookies! Peanuts are a perfect addition.

Cheers,

Rosa

Katie Mar said...

oh yum!! such a wonderful idea to put peanuts in cookies!

Anonymous said...

I like this mélaqnge of salt and sweet..lovely ophotography as always..
Ronelle

chriesi said...

Thank you ladies! I am glad you like it!

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

I made these this morning. Very interesting. I like them! http://lifestooshorttoskipdessert.blogspot.com/2012/12/salted-peanut-and-chocolate-chip.html

chriesi said...

Yeah, the buckwheat flour make these have a rather special consistency, which personally I enjoy. I am glad you liked it! Happy Holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails