Pages

April 8, 2009

Túrós Palacsinta

While cleaning the freezer I found some hidden boxes of Hungarian túró, cottage cheese. I thought the best way to use is if I bake some palacsinta that I served with chilled vanilla sauce.
Ingredients:
200 g flour
2 eggs
500 ml milk
1 pinch of salt
50 ml oil

250 g cottage cheese
150 g sugar
juice of a lemon and zest
500 ml milk
2 egg yolks
50 g sugar

1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a vanilla pod



Whisk all ingredients together and let is stand for at least 3 to 5 hours. Oil a saucepan and bake thin palacsinta one after the other. For the filling mix cottage cheese with sugar, lemon juice and zest. Whisk egg yolks with 100 ml milk, sugar and flour. Bring the rest of the milk to boil and add to the whisked egg yolks, while stirring constantly. Put it back to the heat, but do not cook! As soon as it is thick enough, remove from the heat and chill.
 

6 comments:

SZINTIA said...

Nagyon-nagyon jól néz ki ezzel az öntettel és a csokidarabkákkal! Imádom a túrós palacsintát!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks delicious! A great way to use that cottage cheese!

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Hello - I just discovered your blog because I am getting my first post for Weekend Herb Blogging ready (I will be posting it on my blog tomorrow and then emailing you directly) - I love your blog. While I live in the U.S. now, I was born in Switzerland - my mother is Swiss and my father is Hungarian, so browsing your blog means a journey into my years growing up :) Your pictures are wonderful too! :)

Maggie said...

Yum! These remind me of the cheese blintzes my father makes.

chriesi said...

Szintia! Ebben megegyezünk. :D

Thank you Rosa!

Hi City Girl! What a cool accident! :D I am waiting for your entry! I am glad you like my blog.

Maggie those sound pretty cool!

Unknown said...

Definitely a cool accident :) Just send in my submission :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails