November 25, 2010

Pumpkin Tart with Fresh Goat Cheese

Yesterday, I have started the "Empty the Freezer" project again. This time the goal is to have enough space for the stocks that I am going to use during the holiday season. Though I haven't reached my goal the last time, but at least I have won a bit more empty space. This year I have a better chance, because there are not so much that I have to use before I start with the preparations for Christmas. Of course the most important things like the Hungarian túró and sour cherries will be saved, at least most of it. I wonder what I am going to find in the boxes, that I have forgotten already since a long time. I started the emptying process again with homemade puff pastry and some fresh goat cheese. I have also found some leftover crumble so a tart seemed to be a good idea to bake. There are still a couple of pumpkins in my pantry, so I decided to use one of them.

The crumble did a good job on highlighting the taste of the pumpkin, it might seem strange, but I really loved this combination together with the fresh goat cheese and the pumpkin seeds.

The preparation is pretty easy, just roll out the pastry and prick with a fork. Put thin slices of pumpkin on top and cover with a mixture of egg-cream-milk and parmesan cheese, seasoned with salt and freshly grated nutmeg. Sprinkle it with crumble, pumpkin seeds and fresh goat cheese then bake and serve lukewarm.


Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful! I love that addition of pumpkin seeds.



chriesi said...

Thanks Rosa! :)

lamiacucina said...

und das aus leftovers ! Ich hätte auch noch 2 volle Kühlschränke, die unbedingt geleert sein sollten :-)

Faith said...

I think this sounds like a wonderful combination of flavors! I need to join you in your empty the freezer project! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails