Pages

August 8, 2011

Cod with White Wine-Mustard Sauce and Cep Polenta

Slowly, I am getting back on track and I am standing again behind the stove. Well, I haven't stopped cooking, but lately desserts seems to dominate in my kitchen and I have the feeling that this will not change much. However, now I am here with a light fish dish with cep, that were picked in a nearby forest. I felt like giving back the scales of the fish, therefore I baked it topped with that wonderful fresh cep. I served it among fresh green beans, cep polenta and a light mustard-white wine sauce.




Ingredients:
4 fillets of cod
2 tablespoons butter
2 bigger or 4 smaller ceps
1 shallot
200 ml white wine
150 ml fish or chicken stock

1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon dijoni mustard
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
100 ml cream
salt, pepper







Season fish with salt and pepper, brush with molten butter and put sliced cep on top, then brush it again. Bake fish for 10-15 minutes depending on its weight on 200°C. For the sauce sautée chopped onion together with the bay leaf and coriander seeds, add mustard powder and white wine and cook until it is reduced by half. Sieve and bring it again to the boil with the stock, when it is reduced by half, add mustard and cream and cook until it has reached a nice creamy consistency. Stir in roasted mustard seeds and season with salt and pepper.


1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Magnificent! I like everything about this dish.

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails