Pages

November 28, 2012

Fish sticks with avocado mayonnaise

Lately, I am totally crazy about avocados, though in the past I couldn't stand that gorgeous green fruit. Meanwhile I've learnt to appriciate it and have it often as a salad. My favourite way to serve it is simple: some lemon juice, spring onions, a good quality oil and lot of pepper. Yum! Yesterday I wanted to cook something simple using leftovers. I always freeze the thin part of a fish fillet, so that I can use that for making farce or any other type of stuffing. As I also found a pack of brick pastry, it was pretty obvious to make some fish sticks that went perfectly well with the avocado mayonnaise and a salad with chicorée and red pomelo.




Ingredients:
for the fish sticks:
250 g white fish fillet
50 ml cream
1 egg white
4-5 basil leaves
salt
pepper
brick pastry
1 egg yolk

oil for deep frying

for the avocado mayonnaise:
1 avocado
1-2 tablepoons lime juice
5 tablespoons rapeseed oil
salt
pepper



Puree fish, cream together with the egg white and basil in a mixer. Season with salt and pepper. In case the brick pastry is round, cut it in quarters and pipe a line of the fish farce onto it. Smear sides with egg yolk and roll it up. Deep fry in hot oil. For the avocado mayonnaise puree avocado with oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper.



2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Scrumptious! That mayonnaise sounds amazing.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! And I´m sure it tastes delicious too! Never made mayonnaise with avocado! Have to try that one!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails