Pages

November 8, 2012

My favourite salad dressing

Though this is my favourite dressing, I always prepare it in a different way, so it is time to write down the basic recipe. This is also the base for my hamburger sauce, but to that I always add some finely chopped onions and cornichons and spice it up with Worcestershire sauce and any herb I got growing on my window ledge. Sometimes I whisk in some yoghurt or crème fraîche. So as you see, the possibilities are endless and the best is that it is preapared so fast. No need to buy any ready made sauces, it really doesn't take more time to make your own, then opening a bottle of dressing full with chemicals and ingredients one doesn't even understand. Besides you can experiment with many different kind of oils and vinegars. Just imagine that bright green colour that the addition of pumpkin seed oil would bring!



Ingredients:
1 egg
200-250 ml rapeseed oil
1 lemon
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 bunch fresh parsley
salt
cayenne pepper

Drop the whole egg into a plastic container and whisk it up with an electric mixer. Add oil in a thin strain while whisking continously until it thickens. Now add the lemon zest, juice of a half lemon, mustard, parsley and mix until parsley has been chopped. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mayonnaise-based (homemade, of course) salad dressings are always irresistible and yours is no exception!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails