Pages

May 27, 2009

Apple Strudel - Daring Bakers

The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers. If I am not mistaking this was the thrid time that I prepared my own strudel pastry, and so far this was the best recipe! If I compare it to the first one, the dough was smoother and it was easier to work with. I guess I haven't ever eaten an apple strudel before, so I decided to prepare it with the original filling, but without raisins. It was a delicious choice! Off: I am having quite big problems with my pc, but luckily I can post the challenge from another. I hope that it is going to be fixed fast!!!




8 comments:

Joy said...

Yum - your pastry looks perfectly flakey - well done!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your strudel looks delicious! Nice flaky pastry! Very well done!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anna said...

Your strudel looks soooo yummy - can i Have some? ;)

Andreas said...

Nice strudel.Are those pomegranate seeds in the middle picture?

chriesi said...

Thank you:)
@Andreas: nope, those are red walnuts

Amy J. said...

Yum! That looks wonderful!

Gabriella said...

Szia, én is megörültem neked, mert azt gondoltam, hogy én vagyok az egyetlen magyar Daring Baker.... :-))))))

Tetszik az oldalad nagyon, szép dolgokat csinálsz....

silverrock said...

beautiful strudel... the filling looks so sugary and delicious!! Way to go on the May challenge :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails