Pages

February 13, 2009

Banana - Chocolate Beignets

Today afternoon, while I was spending my time reading my favourite cookbooks, searching for a bread recipe to try, I found these beignets. As I had some already pretty brown bananas on my kitchen counter, I decided to prepare them.


Actually I am not so much a fan of the banana-chocolate combination but these cute round balls convinced me!


Ingredients:
90 g banana
10 g sugar ( i used a bit of honey instead)
100 g milk
100 g butter
100 g flour
3 eggs

a big bunch of chocolate drops

Peel banana and mince in a mixer together with the sugar. Heat a saucepan with milk and butter and bring it to boil. Add banana puree and bring it to boil again. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove it from the heat and stir in eggs one after the other. With a help of an icing bag pipe dough in a flexible ice cube form until half. Add chocolate drops on top and cover with more pastry. To flatten them wet your finger a bit.


Place it to the freezer and leave it there for some hours or over night. Deep fry beignets in oil (170°C) for 5 minutes.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

These beignets are terrific! So smooth and tempting!

Cheers,

Rosa

Manggy said...

Banana and chocolate is an excellent pairing! Looks delicious!

Chibog in Chief said...

for a banana lover like me this is absolutely delicious! yay

Sare said...

They look delicious, I'll try them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails