Pages

February 12, 2009

Vegetable Stock: Reloaded!

There are so many options to prepare vegetable stock, I guess every household has its own way. Today it was time to make another portion as there was only one small box left in the freezer. This time I let myself inspire by Giorgio Locatelli, who is my absolute favourite chef. His way of making vegetable stock means simply simmering. Of course you can use any vegetable you desire. I can't wait to prepare a portion of luscious risotto with it.


Ingredients:
3 tablespoon olive oil
4 handful of fresh or frozen pea
2 handful of spinach
4 carrots

3 parsley roots
4 onions

2 leeks
4 celery stalks
2 potatoes


Heat olive oil, add pea and mash. Add the rest of the vegetables and let it stew until they start to split.
Pour about 3 liters of cold water over and heat until a short before it would reach the boiling point. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's great! I'd love to have a big enough freezer to stock so many pots...

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails