Pages

June 27, 2009

Bakewell Tart - Daring Bakers

The June Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict and Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nectar. They chose a Traditional (UK) Bakewell Tart... er... pudding that was inspired by a rich baking history dating back to the 1800's in England.
I haven't even heared of this tart before! What a loss! It is simply gorgeous and I love everything about it. So far this was one of the best recipes I baked being a Daring Baker
among the Danish Braid, the Cheesecake pops, the Eclairs and and...I decided to use that last basket of strawberries and cooked a quick jam with some red currants for the tart.


Ingredients:
500 g strawberries
200 g red currant
150-200 g sugar


Slice strawberries, puree and sieve red currants. Bring it to boil together with the sugar and cook for 1-2 hours depending on the thickness you want to reach.

11 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wonderful! Your tartlets look very pretty, yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Audax said...

Yes I totally agree the best recipe so far even better than the cheesecake only because it is much easy. Wonderful looking tarts and I have the berries on top of the tarts.

Anna said...

Hmmmm yummy :) Your tarts look great! Cheers.

Manggy said...

Two quick bites of heaven-- I love it! (Hmm, maybe my mouth is kinda huge, lol.)

Isabelle said...

Looks delicious! Your minis are very cute! Nicely done!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Your little tartlets look so pretty! I love how you decorated them too.

Tina said...

Those currants look so fresh! I love strawberry currant jam, so I can only imagine how delicious your tart was.
Great job!

Amy J. said...

Your tarts look sooooo good! Awesome job!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the challenge. Your tart looks great!

Andreas said...

The layer of red currant jam looks very yummy. :)

jasmine said...

Very nicely done.

Thanks for participating.

j

Related Posts with Thumbnails