Pages

October 26, 2011

The big disovery?!

Yesterday afternoon, I baked a bunch of pumpkin seed macarons, that means that I have simply added some ground pumpkin seeds to the batter. While piping the macarons, I was thinking about all those gorgeous and colourful macarons out there, and I was wondering how could I make such too. My problem is that I am not willing to use any artficial colouring and when I used powders the batter is just not the same and I end up with large and flat macarons. So, that is also not really an option. Later on, while seeking for a bar of white chocolate, I discovered beet juice and had the sudden idea of using it instead of the water when preparing the syrup for the macarons. So today, I gave it a try and I felt extremly happy, because it has worked out!!! Do you know what that means?! Actually, there are endless possibilites, because there are so many juices out there, so now it is possibly to bake macarons in almost any natural colour! I hope at least, that it works out with fruit juices as well! Just imagine using raspberry or black currant or even spinach? I can't wait to try more of them! And if for some reason would not work? Well, at least now I have rose macarons in my repertory.


5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great use of your beetroot juice! They look amazing.

Cheers,

Rosa

Winnie said...

Perfect and delicious looking macarons.
I really like the coloring combination

chriesi said...

Thank you! :)

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

What a wonderful idea using natural juices to colour macaron shells! I want a recipe NOW!!! Please, please share soon...

chriesi said...

The recipe is the same like here
http://almondcorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/macarons-with-red-currant-curd.html
but instead of the 35 g of water simply use the same amount of fruit juice. Have fun while experimenting! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails