Pages

February 28, 2012

Beetroot-Sunchoke Soufflé

Actually, this supposed to be yesterday's lunch, but I simply had no time to prepare it, because I started with this year's spring cleaning. Altough there is still a lot to do, I could not resist and had to get back in the kitchen because I have so many ideas that are must be tested before all the gorgeous spring vegetables arrive! I must say, that I still haven't had enough of beets, sunchokes and blood oranges. Still so many possiblites and ideas opn my mind. Really, can't wait to test them all! Though it would also be great to try new combinations, but not yet. I hope you are also not bored of it! As far as the soufflé is concerned, well if you ask me these ingredients harmonise just perfectly together and the blood orange salad with the salty feta cheese and chervil made a great match.



Ingredients:
150 g baked sunchoke (weighed peeled)

50 g baked beetroot (weighed peeled)
20 g butter
20 g flour
125 ml beet juice
3 eggs
salt, pepper
2-3 tablespoons poppy seeds + butter for the forms

Puree sunchoke and beet in a mixer. Melt butter, stir in flour then add beet juice while whisking, cook over low heat until it thickens. Remove from the heat, stir in sunchoke-beet puree, then the egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt, then fold it into the batter. Pour it in buttered and with poppy seed coated ramequins and bake for 6-8 minutes over 200°C.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So original! A fantastic idea.

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails