Pages

February 20, 2012

Roasted Beet Salad with Blood Orange & Raspberry

Lately I have posted a couple of salads, that's mainly beacause I am on diet, well, not on a stirct one, but once in a while I like to serve something light. But do not worry, I will not stop baking, in fact I have already planned two desserts for this week, I only hope to have the time to make them. But now back to the salad! The possibilities seems to be endless as far as beetroot and blood orange in combination is concerned. Be sure that I am going to bring them back here over and over again. Once I have heared that beet and raspberry is great together, but haven't tried them until today. The reason is simply, usually I cook beets during winter, and when raspberries are in season I never think of them. I gotta change that! Anyway, I did not want to wait any longer, so I bought a bag of frozen berries. The vinaigrette is made of blood orange juice, raspberry vinegar and rosemary. The salad was served with sheep'S milk cheese, fresh horseradish and roasted pine nuts.




Ingredients:
per person:
2 small beetroots and 1 blood orange

20-30 g raspberry
1 teaspoon roasted pine nuts
40-50 g sheep's milk cheese
1 piece of fresh horseradish
for the vinaigrette:
juice of 1 blood orange
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
1 twig rosemary
1-2 teaspoons rose water
salt, pepper




Roast beetroot in foil together with anise, black cumin or cumin, as you desire. Fry slices of sheep's milk cheese in a hot pan until golden brown, then turn it over and remove it from the pan after 30 seconds and put it on a slice of bread. For the vinaigrette mix together all the ingredients, add chopped rosemary, then season with salt and pepper. Mix together diced beet and blood oranges fillets and season with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle raspberries, roasted pine nuts and freshly grated horseradish on top and serve.


2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that combination is amazing!

Cheers,

Rosa

beti said...

I won't mind if you continue posting this delicious salads, it is not the classic salad that I always have in mind but it is really a great combination and you made me think that I really need to stop baking and I might be making salads more often

Related Posts with Thumbnails