Pages

February 7, 2012

Cep-Sunchoke Ravioli with Gorgonzola Sauce and Cep Foam

While I was watchin the fifth egg white dripping into the plastic box, I started to panic a little bit, because I had no clue what I should make using them. Of course I could bake some macarons and I probably will, but I rather wanted something salty, after all today I baked a big portion of aranygaluska among a portion of vanilla sauce. Oh yes, and that meant two more leftover egg whites. And where are these egg whites when I need them for cleaning  a consommé?! Usually then there is not a single one waiting in the fridge. But finally I have seen the solution: pasta! I have been waiting almost a year to make these! Altough I often end up with quite a lot of egg whites, but still I just had no opportunity or I simply did not think of it. Thank to a sudden idea I cooked some sunchoke and those made just the perfect filling together with cep for the ravioli. I've never thought that these two work so well together. Love it! Of course I could have included pears or walnuts, even beetroot would have matched the main ingredients, but maybe next time! Now I wanted the cheese and the cep to be stars of the dish. However, as now fresh cep is not available I served some fried king oyster mushroom flavoured with shallot, garlic and thyme with it.




Ingredients:
for the pasta:
(source: lamiacucina)
100 g egg white
160 g flour
40 g durum wheat
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt



First prepare the pasta dough: sift flour, add egg white, salt, durum wheat and olive oil. Start kneading and when the dough is getting viscous keep on kneading until you get a smooth dough. Chill for an hour before using it. With a help of a pasta machine roll out pasta dough as thin as possible and place a teaspoon of the filling on it and form a ravioli with a help of a cookie cutter. Bring salty water to simmer and simmer ravioli for a 2-3 minutes and toss in melted butter.

3-4 small sunchoke
1 shallot
1 teaspoon butter
1 twig thyme
30 ml sherry
10-15 g dried cep
salt, pepper


Cook sunchoke until soft, then peel. Soak dried cep in hot water, then sieve, but put the water aside. Melt butter and sautee chopped shallot, then add mushroom. After a few minutes add sherry, cep water and thyme and reduce almost completly. Puree together with the sunchoke and season with salt and pepper.


1 shallot
1 tablespoon butter
70 ml white wine
150 g gorgonzola dolce
100 ml cream
salt, pepper


Sautee onion in butter, add white wine and let it reduce by 3/4, sieve, then add cream and gorgonzola and stir it until the cheese is molten, season.


20 g butter
1 shallot
150 ml white wine
100 ml cep water

50 ml cream
1 twig thyme
salt, pepper

Sautee onion in melted butter, add white wine and reduce to 2/3. Now add cep water and reduce by half. Sieve, then add cream, season and foam it with a blender.



1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Stunning, as always!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails