Pages

March 28, 2012

Chocolate Stout Cake

Well, I know that the web is already full with this cake, though I used heavy cream instead of sour cream, but I just had to post about it. Once again I have waited much too long to try it because it is the best and most moist dense chocolate cake I have ever tried. In fact, I hardly think that I will ever bake a brownie again, because this here is a lot more than that. Though I am going to try the brownie version of this cake somewhen, but I doubt that this can get any better, at least according to my taste. I was considering to make a coffee-white chocolate ganache as a topping, but then I only served it with beaten heavy cream. That's what I call perfection!


Ingredients:
250 ml stout

250 g butter
75 g cocoa powder
400 g sugar
100 g heavy cream
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
300 g flour




Preheat the oven to 180°C. Warm beer in a heavy bottom saucepan and add diced butter. As soon as the butter has molten whisk in sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk together heavy cream with the eggs and stir it to the beer mixture. Finally fold in the sifted flour and baking soda. Pour batter into a buttered cake for (20-22 cm) and bake for 50-60 minutes, then let it cool in the form.




9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It doesn't matter if the web is already full with this cake... Yours is perfect looking. Terrific! That is a cake I adore.

Cheers,

Rosa

Priyanka said...

Thats a great recipe. Very unique...a must try :)

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I gotta try chocolate and stout cake! i've been seeing this around the net and it's piqued my curiosity!

chriesi said...

Yeah, same happend to me! It is pity, that I waited so long!

Purabi Naha said...

Absolutely yummy recipe! Loved the clicks!! http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This cake looks fantastic!!!!

chriesi said...

Thanks everyone! :)

lamiacucina said...

Gratulation ! Habs leider erst jetzt bemerkt.

chriesi said...

Danke! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails