Pages

March 9, 2012

Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Buttermilk and Nigella Seed Breadcrumbs

Thinking about this week's sinful dessert, I thought it might be a good idea to cook something light for lunch. Altough, cauliflower is not in season yet, I am here with a soup, simply because these days I recieved one as a gift instead a bouquet of flowers. This might seem to be a little strange, however I am not a fan of cut flowers, therefore I was surprised by a green cauliflower. I have already had yellow, but I did not really like it, now after this one I am really keen to get a purple one. However my greengrocer is not willing to plant it, because she says it is not enjoyable at all. As far as this soup is concerned it is pretty spice, yet still light thanks to the buttermilk and the lime.



Ingredients:
500 g cauliflower
1 teaspoon butter
1 shallot
1 potato
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
600 ml vegetable or chicken stock
200 ml buttermilk
1 lime
nutmeg oil
salt, pepper

Sautee chopped shallot, add cubed potato and garam masala, then the cauliflower florets and pour stock over it. Cook over medium heat until soft, then puree it together with the buttermilk. Season with salt, pepper and the juice and zest of a lime. Serve with breadcrumbs, nigella seeds and a few drops of nutmeg oil.


3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful soup! Nice addition of garam massala. That is a spice i use a lot.

Cheers,

Rosa

Debs @ The Spanish Wok said...

This sounds delicious.

ou are welcome to join in my food blogger event THE SOUP KITCHEN, here all bloggers are welcome, hope to see you participate soon.

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful blog with gorgeous photos! I recently started eating cauliflower soup and absolutely fell in love with it! This looks just delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails