Pages

March 15, 2012

Tahini Cruller with Pomegranate-Cardamom Glaze

When I discovered those gorgeous crullers in Jen's blog, I immediately felt I must make them. I just did not seem to find the right moment, until yesterday. By the way it is funny, because she tried my beet doughnuts, so it kind of a doughnut ping-pong. However, you know me, I just had to make a little change here, a little change there. So inspired from yesterday's lunch I decided to use only half of the butter and replaced the other half with tahini. I thought why not, after all it might work. They say that curiosity killed the cat, however this time not. To bring an oriental touch I flavoured the glaze with pomegranate syrup, cardamom and rose water. Good about these cute circles that they are prepared pretty fast and you are ready to jump on the flying rug!



Ingredients:
(based on a recipe by Lara Ferroni)
300 ml water

3 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons powder sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
135 g flour
3 eggs



Brint water with butter, tahini, sugar and salt to the boil.  Add all the flour at once and whisk until well mixed and keep on whisking over medium heat until a thin white film forms on the bottom of the pot. Now transfer batter into a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs one by one. Fill batter into a piping bag and pipe circles onto baking sheet that has been cut into squares. Heat oil to 190°C and bake the doughnuts for about 2 minutes or until golden brown, then turn and bake for another 2 minutes. For the glaze whisk together 80 g powder sugar with 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup and as much cardamom and rose water like you desire. If needed and a 1-2 tablespoons water as well and glaze the baked doughtnuts. Decorate with black sesame seeds.


5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They are magnificent! I love the flavor of tahini.

Cheers,

Rosa

Ambika said...

The crullers look beautiful! Love the addition of tahini!

Terra said...

Oh wow, they look so delicate, and delicious! I love the cardamom and pomegranate glaze, sounds like a gorgeous flavor combination! Take care, Terra
www.cafeterrablog.com

Amy J. said...

Oh, Chriesi! I have been very out of the loop and absent from blogs for quite some time - I am getting started back up "behind the scenes" on my blog and clicked on yours, and was reminded of how much I have missed you! Things are really different in my life but also good and continuing to get better. Your blog looks marvelous, as always! I hope everything is going well for you and have thought of you often! Take care and I hope to talk to you soon. :) Amy in U.S.

chriesi said...

@Rosa, Ambika, Terra: Thank you, I am glad you like it!

Hi Amy!
I am so glad to hear from you! By the way I have quit the Daring Bakers already since long ago. :)))
I am doing well, I hope you too! Gonna catch you later per mail!
take care too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails