Pages

May 28, 2012

Camembert Ice Cream with Balsamic Strawberries

It's ice cream time! If you ask me it doesn't have to be warm to enjoy this cold treat. Ever since my childhood I loved ice cream, even in winter the minimum amount that started with were 10 balls of ice cream. Those days I used to say that I could live my life eating only crepe and ice cream. Meanwhile a few salty dishes jumped onto my list. Anyway, this post is about ice cream and my other big love cheese. Why not bring together in one? This camembert ice cream is flavoured with rosemary and served with balsamic vinegar marinated strawberries.



Ingredients:
500 ml milk

6 egg yolks
25 g sugar
1 teaspoon rosemary
250 g camembert 
salt, pepper



Bring milk together with the rosemary to the boil. In the meantime whisk egg yolks with sugar until foamy. Sieve hot milk and pour to the egg yolks while whisking. Remove the peel of the camembert, cut cheese in cubes and stir it into the milk. Warm it until it thickens, but do not cook. Remove from the heat, let it cool and leave the rest of the job for the ice cream machine. Serve with balsamic vinegar marinated strawberries.


6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very unusual and intriguing! I'd love to try that savory ice cream.

Cheers,

Rosa

Alexandra said...

My vanilla & cinnamon balsamic vinegar would suit it very well :)

Barbara Nimmo said...

Wow, this ice cream birthday cake looks absolutely delicious! 🎂🍦 The vibrant colors and creative design make it the perfect treat for any celebration. I can only imagine the smiles on everyone's faces when they saw this masterpiece.
https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/how-to-add-money-to-cash-app-card-at-7-eleven/

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I stumbled upon your delightful blog post about Camembert ice cream with balsamic, and I must say, it's a unique and intriguing combination of flavors! I never thought Camembert and ice cream could go so well together.
How to Make Discount Code on Etsy

Timothee Lambert said...

"Your blog on historical discoveries and archaeology is a journey through time. Your storytelling ability brings history to life, making it an engaging and educational experience."
piada coupon

Edvin Berg said...

"Your financial planning blog has empowered me to take control of my finances and plan for a secure future. Your expert advice and tips are truly invaluable."
How Old Is Dolores in Encanto

Related Posts with Thumbnails