Pages

August 8, 2008

Sambucus Parfait

Since I bought that bottle of elderberry syrup I wanted to prepare something in combination with my home made elderflower syrup. I watched a cooking show some days ago and saw that they prepared mandarin parfait, and this brought me to the idea to make sambucus parfait. I only had to figure out what kind of bottom should it have. I used phyllo pastry and added some hazelnut and sugar between the layers.

Ingredients:
phyllo dough
3 tablespoon grated hazelnut
3 tablespoon sugar
cold, melted butter
2 egg yolks

50 ml elderberry syrup
1 tablespoon red wine
2 egg yolks
50 ml elderflower syrup
1 tablespoon white wine
400 ml heavy cream



Place a piece of dough in a ring form, sprinkle with butter, sugar and hazelnut. Repeat it two more times. Bake for 7-10 minutes on 180°C. Over steam beat egg yolk, elderberry syrup and red wine until nice and foamy. Let it cool and stir in 200 ml beaten heavy cream. Pour it into the form and freeze for at least 3 hours. Do the same with the elderflower syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails