Pages

June 16, 2011

Pasta with Morel Sauce

Actually, not only morels, but also black trumpet and yellow oyster mushrooms are in this pasta sauce. I felt lucky to find fresh yellow oyster mushrooms, but then it was such a disappointment! Almost a neutral taste, so it is needless to say, that I prefer the common oyster mushroom a whole lot more. By the way, I have fried these seperatly, and did not cooked it in the sauce, as I wanted to try them on their own, just with salt, pepper and some parsley, but they did not convince me. Anyway, though this dish is so simple, yet it is a great comfort food, especially when it is served with a lot of fresh parmesan on top!



Ingredients:

30 g dried morels
20 g dried black trumpet
handful of fresh oyster mushroom
1 shallot
2 tablespoons butter
30 ml whiskey
300 ml brown veal stock
70 ml cream
fresh parsley and thyme
salt, pepper


Soak dried mushrooms in hot water and let it stand. Sautee chopped shallot in butter, add mushrooms and pour whisky over it and let it absorb. Now add brown veal stock and about 100-150 ml mushroom water and cook until it is reduced by half. Stir in cream and cook for a few more minutes, season with salt, pepper, fresh parsley and thyme.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Just to die for!

Cheers,

Rosa

Brilynn said...

Morels are my favourite, this sounds delicious!

Ellie said...

I love mushrooms and pasta. I am intriged by the whiskey, definetly have to try this!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails