Pages

June 15, 2011

Tonka Bean Flavoured White Chocolate Parfait

Lately, we've been talking with my friend Vera about tonka beans, and how thrilled we were when we recieved our package of tonka beans among other spices, and we realised that we completly forgot about it and hardly ever used a pinch since then. The next day, I decided to prepare something with tonka beans. I wanted a dessert that is prepared quickly and needs no oven. I've had a few orders for birthday cakes and therefore I had a bunch of white chocolate bars still on stock, as I have bought far too many, just to be on the safe side. I must say, that I do not like white chocolate at all, unless the triangle shaped Swiss, that I adore, even more than then milk or dark chocolate version. Anyway, then I had the idea of a parfait flavoured with tonka beans, and I have to confess that I ate almost the whole portion myself!



Ingredients:
60 g sugar
5 egg yolks
120 g white chocolae
300 ml heavy cream
tonka bean


Cook a syrup with the sugar and 50 ml water, then slowly add it to the egg yolks while whisking constantly. Keep on whisking until its pale and creamy. Season with tonka bean. Melt chocolate over steam and stir it into the egg yolk mixture. Finally, fold in the beaten cream and freezer for 3-4 hours.


2 comments:

Pille said...

I can see you're living further SOuth - our wild strawberries (even the Alpine ones in my garden) aren't ripe for another week or two :)

chriesi said...

Luck you, then I won't have any left. :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails