Pages

September 20, 2010

Lime Sabayon

The berry season is still blooming, well except for the strawberries, though I have seen some Swiss strawberries, but I bet they haven't seen the real sun and frankly, I am not curious about their taste. Besides, the most fragant and juicy raspberries are available at the moment, but now I am here to post a light blueberry dessert. It is simple and if you have some unexpected guests, it is perfect because it is prepared within a couple of minutes. Simply marinate the blueberries in lime juice among some zest and sugar, and let it stand until you are ready with the sabayon.


Ingredients:

3 egg yolks
60 g sugar
50 ml dry white wine or sherry
juice of 1 lime and zest


Whisk egg yolks, sugar and wine in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until thick and frothy. Take it off and stir in the lime juice and zest. Serve it together with the
marinated berries.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A fabulous sabayon! I love lime.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

These are so elegant and I bet they're delicious, especially with the fresh berries. Gorgeous pictures!

natural selection said...

These look so refreshing and beautifully presented!

chriesi said...

@Rosa: I love lime too! Thanks!

@Faith: Thanks so much Faith!

@natural selection: Thank you! Yeah they were indeed refreshing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails