Pages

September 27, 2010

Olive oil cake with tarragon poached peach

At the begining of this month my parents were here for week or so. My mom brought me a lot of delicious Hungarian fruits including juicy and fragant peaches. I haven't had peaches for a long time, because those that are available here usually are tasteless and hard.


Last weekend, by accident I found some fragant ones from Italy in a Turkish grocery, and I decided to try them. Luckily, these were pretty good! I was surprised, they were soft, moist and fragant. I decided to save some for a dessert. After having many ideas, I decided to poach them with
estragon and served among a moist olive oil cake.


Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or a vanilla pod
375 g sugar
250 ml milk
250 ml olive oil
250 g flour (German Type 550)
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt


Preheat oven to 160°C. Beat the eggs together with the vanilla paste and the sugar until fluffy. Whisk in the milk and the olive oil, then stir the flour, salt and the baking powder. Pour the batter in a baking form covered with baking paper. I have divided the batter in one round and one long cake form. Bake for 40-50 minutes. For the poached peaches cook a simple syrup using 150 ml water and 150 g of sugar, add the tarragon twigs and poach the peaches for 2-3 minutes from each side, then let it stand until it cools. Remove the skin and serve it among the cake.


4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A refined cake! That recipe is lovely.

Cheers and happy Monday,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Olivenölkuchen ist neu für mich. Dieses Jahr habe ich viele gute italienische Tellerpfirsiche gekauft und gegessen

Monet said...

This olive oil cake looks just lovely! Especially with the slice of fruit on top. Thank you so much for sharing

Faith said...

What a beautiful cake! It's so elegant with the fruit on top!

Related Posts with Thumbnails