Pages

September 23, 2010

Plum&Poppy Cake

Phew! I am almost ready with moving my old Hungarian food blog to its new place.Though, about 300-350 posts are still missing, but I am almost done with two years posts in two days, so I can already see the light. The reason why I decided to move it is because that way I do not have to prepare the photos in different sizes for the posts and I can type the entries faster at one place. Anyway, today's dessert is a plum and poppy cake, that is by the way is baking right now! It is already the second time that I prepare it this month. After all it is plum season so when if not now?


Ingredients:

150 g ground poppy
100 g butter, room temperature
100 g sugar
4 eggs
1 pinch of salt
25 g flour
15 g ground almond
600 g plum
2 tablespoon plum jam
powder sugar for serving



Butter a cake form and preheat the oven to 175°C. Whisk butter and 75 g of sugar until frothy,
then add the egg yolks one by one and mix well. Beat egg white with a pinch of salt, slowly beat in the rest of the sugar. Mix poppy, almond and flour into the egg yolk and fold in the beaten egg white. Pour batter into the baking form, put the halved plums on top of the cake and bake for 45 minutes. Warm plum jam and spread it on the top of the baked cake. Serve with powder sugar.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A gorgeous cake! Perfect with a cup of tea!

Cheers,

Rosa

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely cake! I'm intrigued by the use of ground poppy seeds. I've never seen that done before. I love plums, so I'm going to try to make time to bake this. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

chriesi said...

@Rosa: I am glad you like it plum queen. :)

@Mary: Thank you! I have a couple of recipes in the blog with ground poppy seeds, have a look if you like. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails