Pages

July 30, 2010

Patty Pan Squash Cake

Taking advantage of the cold weather I use the oven almost daily. I found small patty pan squashes that first I wanted to fill, but then I discovered a savoury cake recipe, that I felt I should try.


It was the right decision to go for the cake! The baked squash is so moist and has a wonderful flavour. Sure it would go really well as a side dish with grilled meat or fish, but
together with the cheese and the dough, just lovely! While eating, it reminded me of sweet corn, I think the next time I am gonna add some fresh grains to the dough.


Ingredi
ents:
(recipe adapted from Joël Robuchon)
100 g butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
250 g flour
10 g baking powder
3 patty pan squashes
1 courgette
150 g cheese
nutmeg
salt, pepper

Whisk butter and olive oil, add 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk in 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, and when they are completly incorporated whisk in the other yolk and egg. Whisk until it is homogeneous. Sift flour and baking powder and fold it into the mixture. Boil the vegetables for 5 minutes, then dice along with the cheese. Stir it into the mixture. Butter a cake tin and press the dough into the pan and refrigerate for 1 hour. Bake for 45 minutes on 180°C and serve it either warm or cold.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A lovelöy savory cake! so soft...

Cheers,

Rosa

Kalyn Denny said...

This really does sound delicious.

Sue said...

This savory cake looks delicious! I love the density...you can really sink your teeth into it:)

Anonymous said...

mit Patissons hab ich noch nie gekocht. Vermutlich weil sie mir immer fade vorgekommen sind. Das wäre einen Versuch wert.

Unknown said...

I love this recipe! I am printing out a copy of it so I can make it.

Houdini said...

I'll try it with zucchini only, have heaps of them in the garden.
A new look of the blog! En anders Gsicht!

Related Posts with Thumbnails