Pages

July 6, 2008

Blueberry Tart

I remember my first experience with blueberries, well I only say yuck. Eaten fresh they tasted like nothing, at least in my opinion. Yesterday I could not resist not to buy a basket because I wanted to give them a chance, but this time in a form of a tart. Mmm...what a fantastic taste! I became a blueberry fan! I wanted to experiment with the lavender syrup I prepared yesterday, so I decided to sprinkle those lovely berries with it. For the pastry I used Pierre Hermé's basic pâte brisée, that is a a standard pie and pastry dough made with butter.


Ingredients:
185 g butter
50 ml milk

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar ( I used vanilla sugar.)

250 g flour
1 egg yolk
500 g blueberries
lavender syrup



Slice butter in small chunks and whisk until it is creamy. Mix milk with salt and sugar. Whisk it with butter, after it is smooth add flour in small portions and knead fast a dough, work in the egg yolk. Set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Butter tart forms fill with the pastry, add blueberries, sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoon lavender syrup. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 180°C.

7 comments:

Millie said...

Your tarts look 'licious'''' I wish i lived in your neighborhood!
Could you actually taste the lavender? Because my lavender sugar only had a subtle flavour in my lavender-lemon cupcakes.

chriesi said...

Yes, indeed, it had an intense lavender taste.

Lore said...

Yum, I wish I could taste this paring!

Chibog in Chief said...

blueberry season is coming up soon, can't wait to try this tart recipe :-)..gosh i miss a lot of your delicious posts :-) i need to catch up

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious! i love fresh blueberries!

I have a surprise for you on my blog. Check it out!

Amy J. said...

Oh my GOSH, that looks good. Great idea!

Mmmmmmmmmm........

Beachlover said...

oh! I aslo make blueberry tarts but forget to glaze!1 your look good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails