Pages

March 6, 2009

Alsatian Tarte flambée

This is probably the most famous gastronomical specialty of the Alsace. Traditionally it is made out of leftover bread dough, rolled out in a rectangle, covered by crème fraîche, onions and bacon. Being an onion addict, I decided to use my last Roscoff onion for a tarte flambée.


Ingredients:
200 g flour
2 tablespoon oil
125 ml water
salt
200 g crème fraîche
100 g bacon
200 g onion


Knead a dough and roll out thin. Smear crème fraîche on it , top with sliced bacon and onion. Bake on the highest degree on a stone in your oven.

4 comments:

Angelica said...

Ooh, I love Flammkuchen! Thanks for reminding me, haven't had one for months!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love that tart! Yours looks scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Danke für die Erinnerung, für einen guten Flammkuchen lasse ich sogar eine Pizza stehen.

Melita said...

That bacon is driving me crazy, looks so good, I can't find a bacon like that!
Tart looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails