Pages

March 9, 2009

Souffle di riso carnaroli al limone

Altough Locatelli's beautiful cookbook is sitting on my bookshelf for 3 months already, I still haven't had enough of it! Yesterday evening I was browsing through the desserts, and decided to prepare his rice-lemon soufflé. At the begining I was a bit concerned if it is going to work out, because the recipe seemed to be very long, and it reminded me of a huge mountain. Aren't mountains are there to climb? So without thinking any longer about it, I went to the kitchen and organised all ingredients. The original recipe is for 6 persons, so that is why I quartered it, that way it was enough for 4 ramequins, well in my case for 3 and one lemon. Originally it is served in lemons, but I only had one organic lemon that was thick enough, so that is why I made the rest in ramequins. Of course I did not want to miss the lemon taste, so I added some extra lemon juice to the rice mixture, and instead of the orange-butter glaze for the forms, I prepared a lemon-butter glaze. I submit this post to Zorra's Lemon Day event.


Ingredients:
for 6 persons

200 g carnaroli rice
2 l milk
1/2 vanilla pod
25 g lemon juice

50 g sugar
50 g butter
3 huge lemons
65 g corn starch
6 g gelatine

250 g egg white
190 g sugar


Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook 80 g of the rice in half of the milk until it is overcooked, puree it and set aside. Cook the rest of the rice al dente in the rest of the milk together with the vanilla pod, sieve and place it on a cooled plate and let it cool, but not in the fridge. Hole out lemon and save the juice. Place lemon in the fridge for 30-60 minutes. Cook lemon juice with sugar and as soon as the sugar is melted stir in butter. Glaze the lemons with it and set them upside down to the fridge on a piece of baking paper for 5 minutes, so that the overrun glaze can drop down. Mix corn starch with 4 tablespoon of the rice-milk puree and bring the rest to boil, add corn starch-rice mix and cook for 1 minute. Stir in gelatine and mix it to the al dente cooked rice. Beat egg whites and when it is quite stiff add sugar in small portions and keep on beating. Mix beaten egg white to the rice and fill in the glazed lemons. Bake for 8 minutes, however in my case they needed 16 minutes.


6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

An unusual soufflé! It looks really delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Nathalie said...

Thanks for posting the recipe, I can’t wait to try this!

zorra said...

Ohh, das sieht zum Reinbeissn aus! Genau richtig für meine Zitronen, die sind ja unbehandelt, so kann ich das Soufflé bedenkenlos zubereiten! Danke für deine Teilnahme und du bist ja superschnell! :-)

Monica said...

Che idea meravigliosa...complimenti !

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks :)
@Nathalie: Have fun preparing it!
@Zorra: Danke! Deine Zitronen sind bestimmt fantastisch!
@Moni: Grazie!

Maggie said...

What a lovely combination of rice pudding and souffle. The presentation in the hollowed lemon is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails