Pages

March 13, 2009

Mandelgipfeli

My favourite swiss breakfast pastry is the Mandelgipfeli. It is a puff pastry filled with almond filling. Yesterday I prepared a bunch and I also tried a new recipe for laminted dough, but I was a bit dissappointed. It was totally difficult to roll out and I had quite a fight with it. Besides the consistence was also not exactly what I expected. That is why I am only going to share the recipe for the filling. Next time I am going to bake these using the good old croissant recipe from the Daring Bakers.


Ingredients:
75 g ground almond
75 g sugar
1/2 egg yolk

1 egg white
1-2 tablespoon water

1/2 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon heavy cream to brush



Mix all ingredients and fill pastry with one tablespoon of the filling. Brush with the egg yolk-cream mixture and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for about 10-13 minutes on 180°C.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, these Mandelgipfeli look fantastic! They would make any baker jealous...

Cheers,

Rosa

SZINTIA said...

Gyönyörű!

Maggie said...

Yum! I have that DB croissant recipe on my desktop to try. I have to make some of this filling to try too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails