Pages

June 9, 2008

Spaghetti Bolognese: Reloaded!

In my previous bolognese post I mentioned how much I dislike cooked tomatoes. That is why I prepare Bolognese with tomato puree. What a coincident! I have just found out that traditionally it contains only tomato puree. I was happy with my recepie for this pasta dish until today! This was the best Bolognese I have ever cooked myself! So good that I better post it.

Traditionally Bolognese sauce is served with freshly made tagliatelle. The version with spaghetti is actually only popular outside of Italy. So as I mentioned before the authentic sauce Bolognese contains only a small amount of tomato. According to wikipedia: The recipe, issued in 1982 by the Bolognese delegation of Accademia Italiana della Cucina, confines the ingredients to beef, pancetta, onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste, meat broth, white wine, and (optionally) milk or cream. However, different recipes, far from the Bolognese tradition, make use of chopped pork, chicken or goose liver along with the beef or veal for variety, or use butter with olive oil. So it seems my spontaneous version from today is not that far from the "truth".

Ingredients:
400 g turkey breast, minced
1 onion
1 carrot
1 celery stalk

150 ml white wine
1 tablespoon sugar
100 g tomato puree
3 dl bouillon
dried oregano
2-3 fresh basil leaves
2 fresh majoram leaves

2 small thyme twig
1/2 rosemary twig
1 dried bay leaf
1 clove
100 ml milk
3 tablespoon olive oil

salt, pepper

Heat olive oil, add grated onion, grated carrot and celery stalk and cook it for some minutes.
Add minced turkey breast and mix until gets white. Pour wine on it and let it reduce.
After add tomato puree, oregano, chopped fresh herbs and sugar.
Add bouillon and cook it for 20 minutes together with the bay leaf and the clove. Short before it is ready add milk and cook for some more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

Millie said...

Nagyon jól hangzik! Én is majdnem mindig így készítem!

Finla said...

Hi hi guess what i had today for lunch the same.
And still looks to that pic i am drooling, looks delicious.

Chibog in Chief said...

there's no other way best way to eat spaghetti but the bolognese way...delicious!

mokshaku said...

hey agree with Dhanggit! Thst spaghettti looks divine!!! Wanted to share this, I combined with this drink called purple. You must have heard about it since it's doing a lot of rounds in the celebrity circuit and is all over the news. Its tastes amazing, try it and let me know if you liked it or not. It is a health drink which is made up of 7 fruits juice and is high on antioxidants and you know about antioxidants right? it prevents premature ageing, what else do growing women want huh, LOL!! If you want more information to check whether what I am saying is right you can get it at www.drinkpurple.com . You can get it at GNC and drug stores.

Related Posts with Thumbnails