Pages

April 29, 2008

Apricot Jam - Putting Up

Every year my mom and me prepare preserves together. The favourites are strawberry, peach and apricot. I always buy apricot in Hungary because they have such a fabulous aroma. It is an old Hungarian type of apricot called rose apricot with a beautiful fragrance, mmm lovely. Intense taste, wonderful colour. I always have some packs frozen so I thought to prepare some more apricot jam, that I am going to submit to a great blog event organised by Pixie from You Say Tomato, I Say Tomato and by Rosie from Rosie Bakes A 'Peace' of Cake.


Ingredients:
5 kg apricot
3 kg sugar


Half apricot and remove the core. In a big pot add sugar over the fruit and cook for 20 minutes after it started to boil. When it is still hot add jam in glasses and cover with the top. Tuck glasses in a cloth and let it cool them that way for two days.

10 comments:

Pixie said...

Send one of those jars my way!!! Brilliant, thanks so much for your entry!

Pixie said...

Oh by the way (tis me pixie) oops!

Mama Mia said...

mmm that jam looks so amazing! ive never made my own jam before but I would love to try making some one day. Beautiful Blog btw!!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

I love making my own jams too. It is so rewarding, isn't it? We don't have any apricots or stone fruits yet but soon!!!

chriesi said...

Thanks:)

@Aran until then we can give a go with strawberries yummy

Amy J. said...

Yummy! My dad is the one who makes jams and jellies in my family. He's very protective and proud of them! LOL

Melita said...

My favorite! Peaches too! I make it same way, and I also do most of the fruits like this!

Thanks for a lovely comment on my blog :)

test it comm said...

Apricot jam is one of my favorites. I like the large chunks of apricots in yours!

Pixie said...

This looks amazing!! Many thanks for taking part in this event :)

Rosie x

Pixie said...

Hi chriesi, thanks again, the event has now been posted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails