Pages

April 10, 2008

Hollandaise sauce with Asparagus

François Pierre La Varenne in 1651 describes a a sauce : "avec du bon beurre frais, un peu de vinaigre, sel et muscade, et un jaune d’œuf pour lier la sauce" "make a sauce with good fresh butter, a little vinegar, salt, and nutmeg, and an egg yolk to bind the sauce; take care that it doesn't curdle...".

Ingredients:
125 g butter
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoon white wine
salt, pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Melt butter and remove the whey. In a pot bring water to boil and in another bowl add egg yolks, wine and 1 pinch of salt. Over steam beat egg yolks until it gets thick and foamy. Add butter in thin spurt and keep on whisking. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.

5 comments:

Finla said...

I love asperagus with jollandaise sauce, but have never made the sauce myself, just bought from shops

chriesi said...

For me was the first time that I prepared myself.

test it comm said...

Hollandaise sauce is so good. mmmm...butter and lemon. It goes also really well with asparagus.

Heidi Robb said...

Beautiful asparagus. Looks so different than the stuff I can find here.I wonder how the taste differs.

skoraq cooks said...

Mmmmmmmm. Great entree option for an elegant dinner :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails