Pages

May 24, 2011

Chocolate Soufflé with Rose Pepper

If chocolate, well then only dark chocolate comes into consideration, and only if it has 70% of cocoa. That is my favourite. Maybe once every 5 years I feel like eating a piece of milk chocolate, but then it must have loads of hazelnut in it, or it has the be that well-known Swiss trinagle shaped chocolate. Some years ago, I used to prepare chocolate mousse using that famouse Swiss chocolate. I remember, that I could not produce the new portion fast enough, it was incredible, how quickly it was consumed.


Today, I have checked out my pantry, and my eyes spotted on a big bunch of chocolate, that I have hoarded together in a couple of weeks. I thought to prepare a light dessert, and if light, well then it must be a soufflé! Right?
Do not be afraid of baking soufflé! It is not difficult at all and in fact you really can not fail! Just be sure, to keep the buttered forms in the fridge for about half an hour before baking, that way the soufflé is going to rise slower and that is important. On the other hand, be sure that there is not even a tiny bit of fat on the whisk and in the bowl. To be on the safe side, simply sprinkle some lemon juice into the bowl and then rub it out. And be sure that you do not overbeat the egg whites, because then it get crumbly and that way the egg white will not work properly, while baking. The rest is a walk in the park!


Ingredients:
125 g dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa, but it is better with 70!)
1/4 teaspoon rose pepper
10 g butter + 1-2 tablespoons for the forms
125 g egg whites
40 g sugar

Butter 4 small or 2 bigger soufflé forms and put them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Melt chocolate over water bath, stir in pepper and butter, then set aside. Preheat the oven to 180
°C. Beat egg whites with the sugar and stir about a tablespoon to the molten chocolate mixture. Now pour the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg white and fold the egg whites into the chocolate. Fill the ramequins with the batter and hit the bottom, so that there is no air left in the forms. Bake for about 8 minutes if you want to have a creamy-molten core, or bake it 5-7 minutes longer if you wanted it to be solid. Serve with icing sugar or cocoa powder.


7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Magnificent! That flavor combination is awesome.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

Love the sweet and spicy pairing in this beautiful dessert!

Anonymous said...

schaut aus, als ob ich das mögen würde !

Eline said...

Definitly no egg yolks? Interesting!

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks!

@Faith: It is a great combination.

@lamiacucina: Oh das freut mich!

@Eline: Definitely no egg yolks.

Eline said...

Then I will try it. I like very light souffles which are not too sweet.

chriesi said...

Well, then I am quite sure that you are going to enjoy it, at least I hope so. Please let me know how you liked it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails