Pages

May 18, 2011

Lamb with Spring Vegetables

Well, I was wondering for days what dish I could prepare that includes a lot of spring vegetables. Last week, finally I have found local new potatoes. It is strange to me that it was not available earlier as in Hungary you can already find it since weeks. Anyway, I missed the taste of new potatoes so much! During an afternoon walk, while I was watching the sheeps and lambs, I remembered that I have a beautiful piece of lamb in the freezer. I have almost forgot about it. I do not like to freeze meat or fish, but in this case, I had to do it.


I must confess, that I do love a medium or even a rare piece of beef, however as far as lamb or duck is concerned, well it is absolutly not my cup of tea, not even if it is only slightly rosa. If it is a piece of lamb fillet, well then rosa is okay, but not with duck and I think with duck it will not change. With lamb I am on the way of learning to appriciate rosa lamb, but not in case of such a big piece of meat. Anyway, this time I managed to prepare the meal as I planned to. Yeah, finally no changes during the preparation. So I have preheated the oven to
220°C and roasted the salted lamb for about 20 minutes from both sides. While that I've chopped a couple of carrots, parsley roots, onions, garlic cloves and ginger. When the lamb was roasted I added the veggies among some rosemary, a piece of cinnamon, lemon zest and some lavender and then I let the lamb to roast in its own juices. When it was ready I sieved the juices, added some red wine and reduced it all together. It has such a great taste that it hardly needed anything but some salt. I served it among green asparagus, sugar peas, baby artichoke, baby courgette, carrots and new potatoes. It was a perfectly light spring lunch!

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fabulous! A light, yet flavorful and extremely enjoyable dish.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

A beautiful, flavorful meal...lamb is my hubby's favorite and he would love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails