Pages

May 9, 2011

Vanilla Parfait

It seems that now it is all about rhubarb! Last Friday, I baked one more portion of rhubarb tarts and all of them have been sold! That was a great surprise and made me really happy! Of course, I also wanted to have something sweet during the weekend, so I decided to prepare something light and cold. I thought about making ice cream, but I forgot to freeze the cooling element. So I had no choice, it had to be a parfait. As I had some leftover pastry, I also baked some orange flavoured rhubarb tart tatin to be served among the vanilla parfait.

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
50 g sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 vanilla pods
200 ml cream

Bring sugar together with the water to the boil and cook until the sugar dissolves. Beat egg yolks with the syrup until pale, add vanilla seeds and stir in beaten cream. Freeze for 3-4 hours depending on the sizes of the portions.


3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A divine dessert! I'd love to eat some now... I love the rhubarb you served with it.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

This is really beautiful and I bet the vanilla and rhubarb went together perfectly!

chriesi said...

It was indeed a perfect combination! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails