Pages

May 16, 2011

An old favourite...

Well, I have already posted this cake about 3 years ago, but I have just baked it last friday for my birthday, and I wanted to share the photos. I have just found out, that my mother has been baking this cake ever since she was 16. When I was that young, I hardly ever thought about baking. But this cake has been a favourite of mine ever since my childhood. It is so rich and gooey and so far everyone who tried it was totally thrilled.


My mother is absolutly the greatest baker to me. She is simply amazing. It is a pity, that there are no photos of her amazing cakes she baked for me when I was a child. However, my childhood friends could tell you stories! It is absolutly stunning that she actually bakes without using a recipe! Most of the time she just looks around and uses what ingredients she finds and creates creams and stuff on her own. She is just great when one has to improvise. The only problem with this is when I ask for a recipe she can not give one, and that is a pity. Luckily, meanwhile, in case she doesn't forget, she measures the ingredients for me, so that she can share the recipe with me.




5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A divine cake! A classic, for sure.

Cheers,

Rosa

Andreea said...

Happy B-Day and best wishes!

The cake looks absolutely delicious. A ''must try'' !

Faith said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! The cake is lovely, definitely the perfect way to celebrate.

chriesi said...

@Rosa: One bite and you are addicted!

@Andreea: Thank you! Yeah, it is a must for sure!

@Faith: Thank you, I did. :) Oh yeah, I can not wait to find an excuse to bake it again. Huh, actually, I need no excuse. ;)

Millie said...

Boldog szülinapot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails