Pages

March 23, 2008

Sugar High Friday #41: Sweet Gifts - White Russian Cake

I invited my parents for Easter so I thought to surpise my mom with this cake. First of all this was long time my favourite cake as I child, so it was obvious for me that I am gonna surprise her with this and nothing else. When I was younger I did not want to learn to cook from her and this made her really sad, because she is a passionate baker. Meanwhile she knows that I have a food blog and she is kinda proud of me to see how many dishes and cakes I have already made. She was very happy about the cake, but most of all happy to see me because we live thousand miles away and meet only three times a year. My dad also enjoyed a cake, he loves everything with a good chocolate cake. Mom said it was even better than what she does. I would say they taste the same. I asked my mom why it is called that way, but she also did not know the answer. I have made two long versions and one small for her. This is my entry for the Sugar High Friday.


Ingredients:
18 egg white
600 g sugar

600 g grated walnut
1 pinch of salt

4 packs of vanilla sugar

18 egg yolk
300 g powder sugar
3 packs of vanilla sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder

100 g dark chocolate
250 g butter


Bake 3 layer, each out of 6 egg white, 200 g sugar, 200 g walnut and 1 pack vanilla sugar. Beat egg white with a pinch of salt, vanilla sugar and sugar. Stir in grated walnut. Bake for 20 minutes on 160°C.
Add powder sugar, vanilla powder to egg yolk, coco and mix until well. Over steam add chocolate into it, stir occasionaly and leave it there for about 30 minutes. After it is cooled
down add butter.
Smear cream on each layer and decorate as you like.


2 comments:

Zmajek said...

This is amazing, i have a similar recipe, only i know it under the name "reform torta" and i thought the recipe was actually serbian. This cake always tastes amazing, but i think i'll try your version to see how the different proportions influence the taste. All the best! Maja

The Apron Queen said...

I'm going to the store RIGHT now to get the ingredients!

Stop by for a visit. I'll even save a piece of cake for you! :D

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails