Pages

March 10, 2008

Vanilla-Buttermilk Pancakes with Blood Orange-Marsala Syrup

I adore pancakes at least as much as I adore crepes. I had lust for something sweet, and I could not resist the smile of the blood oranges on the plate. So I cooked some syrup out of them for the pancakes. Yummy...

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon butter
1 vanilla bean
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

30 g powder sugar
200 g buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder

150 g flour
4 blood oranges
1 lime
3 tablespoon sugar
1 pack vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon Marsala


For the syrup use the juice of 3 oranges and 1 lime. Out of the fourth orange make filets and add into the syrup when it is ready. Cook the juice of the citrus with sugar, vanilla sugar and Marsala until it is viscous.
Melt butter and let it cool.
Mix eggs and egg yolk with powder sugar and the pulp of the vanilla bean.

Add buttermilk, baking soda, baking powder, cold melted butter, flour and mix well.
Heat some butter and on low heat bake the pancakes really slow for about 7-8 minutes.

2 comments:

test it comm said...

Those pancakes looks good! I like the idea of vanilla bean pancakes! Great job making your own syrup. It sounds good. I will have to try it.

michelle @ thursday night smackdown said...

i want a giant pitcher of that syrup, and i want to pour it on everything i eat. awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails