Pages

March 21, 2008

Easter Eggs

Late today afternoon we painted the Easter eggs. In the morning I wanted to collect some leaves for decoration, but surprisingly we had snow, a lot of snow.
Traditionally we colour the eggs with onion peels and use some herbs and leaves to decorate. On the photos you can check it out. After eggs are prepared, cook water with onion peel and cook eggs for about 10-15 minutes. Before getting them out add some vinager (20%) and peel them out of the thights. Smear each either with lard or oil.

Phemom invited me to the Art you eat #2, for details click here. Happy Easter!

8 comments:

PheMom said...

Please please send these to the Art You Eat event. Go to http://artyoucaneat.blogspot.com

These are beautiful!

test it comm said...

Nicely decorated eggs!!!

Vida said...

I remember doing this with my mother as a child, we never had the red spanish onions though so now I must do this with my daughters too!!! Thank you for the lovely memories... Vida x

Shari said...

These are too beautiful!! I love your pictures.

Heidi Robb said...

Quite simply put; the most beautiful Easter eggs I've ever seen.

Amanda said...

Beautiful. I love that organic look.

Caramella Mou said...

Hello,

I too remember making patterns with leaves when I was young, though my Mum used commercial egg paints. Though I also have vague memories of the onion peel concept, but it never really worked. And looking at your beautiful photos, I realise why - my Mum used regular onion, not red! No wonder nothing ever happened. I'm certainly going to try this out next year.

SZINTIA said...

Ezek a húsvéti tojások gyönyörűek!

Related Posts with Thumbnails