Pages

March 22, 2008

TGRWT #10 - Pineapple and Blue Cheese

This is the second time that I participate on TGRWT. Last time we had to combine parmesan with cocoa. As I love soufflés, I had the idea to prepare a blue cheese soufflé with ananas foam. It is a lovely combination! Unfortunatly before serving the soufflé has lost its volume, but it was really delicous. Great combination!



Ingredients:
4 egg white
20 g sugar
1 pinch of salt

250 ml milk

20 g butter
60 g sugar
45 g flour
4 egg yolks
150 g blue cheese


ananas juice
200 ml cream


ananas
cane sugar
butter and sugar for the forms

Preaheat oven to 180°C.
Take 4 tablespoon milk aside and birng the rest to boil.

Mix sugar, flour, butter and 2 tablespoon milk and add to the warm milk. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add blue cheese. Let it cool for 20 minutes, after add egg yolk.
Beat egg white for 10 minutes with a pinch of salt, for another 10 minutes with sugar.
Carefully mix the two mixture and fill in buttered and sugared soufflé forms.
Bake for 20 mintues.
Melt sugar, add chopped ananas and caramelise. Pour some ananas juice over and let it boil away. (In my case I had no time because I had to serve it fast, so I had some ananas pieces with some syrup was also yummy.)

Add sweetened ananas juice and cream to a cream maker. Serve it on top of the soufflé.

4 comments:

michelle @ thursday night smackdown said...

deflated or not, that plate looks fantastic. i have no idea how i would combine those two ingredients, good job!

test it comm said...

That looks good. The blue cheese and pineapple combo is interesting.

Kiriel du Papillon said...

Looks lovely and a great take on the flavour combo!

Amanda said...

Your posts are always lovely, but this really has my mouth watering. Now that I know I LOVE pineapple and blue cheese together, I just want to try it in every possible combination. Yours is a fantastic idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails