Pages

March 23, 2008

Stuffed Pork Spare Rib and Easter Ham

On Easter Sunday morning according to the Hungarian tradition we eat ham, eggs and braided bread. I also prepared some stuffed pork rib, which I have learnt from my mom. If you remember my home grown garlic, here is a fresh photo, that I shoot in the morning.

I found some cute baby leek, which I also served, and I almost forgot to mention the freshly grated horseradish which is a must with smoked, cooked ham.

Despite the snow, the Easter Bunny found its way.

It is snowing even now!Ingredients:
1500 g pork spare rib
6 slices dried white bread

4 eggs
1 bouillon cube (if you have homemade)
1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper
5 tablespoon oil
3 bunch of parsley
1 carrot
1 handful of peas
Salt pork 4-5 hours before.
Soak bread in water squeeze after it is soft. Chop carrot and precook, at the end add pea and put aside. Add eggs, salt, pepper, bouillon cube to bread and mix with a handmixer. After add oil and chopped parsley and mix with a help of a wooden spoon. Stir in precookd veggies.
Make a slit and fill pork spare ribs (without bones). Bake for 90 minutes on 160°C. Pour some water under and smear some oil on top.

1 comment:

Chris said...

jáááááj, tőtött húúúús. nyáááámmmm:D

Related Posts with Thumbnails