Pages

March 7, 2008

Zander in Bacon wrap with caramelized Chicory on Carrot Puree


Zander


I am not a fish fan, but it is very healthy so I try to eat fish at least every friday. So does my dog, but she loves fish especially with some veggies. I thought if I spend more than half an hour cooking a fish dish I might enjoy it more. I served it with some radish salad with yoghurt-lemon dressing.


Ingredients:
zander
bacon
salt, pepper

lemon
millet

chicken stock
chicory

1 big carrot
sugar
coriander
cayenne pepper
white balsamico
butter


Peel carrot, and cut in small cubes, cook in some stock with some coriander and cayenne pepper, after puree.
Cook millet in some stock, add pepper and a juice of one lemon.
Cut chicory in halfs, add sugar in a saucepan and when it is molten add chicory, some sherry and cover for about 2 minutes, add some balsamico and that is it.
Cut zander in small pieces, without skin, and wrap in bacon and fry in butter.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails