Pages

March 3, 2008

Almond Pudding with Orange-Cardamom Syrup

It is a rainy day today, and I was wondering what should I make that is sweet and done fast. I am quite an almond freak, which does not mean that I often eat almond, but I always have at least 5-6 packs of grated or whole almond in my pantry. I prepared almond milk, which I am gonna post tomorrow, as it has to stay over night in the fridge. For today here is the almond pudding.


Ingredients:
50 g potato starch or rice starch
650 ml milk
80 g sugar
100 g almond
1 teaspoon rose water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 oranges
1/2 teaspoon cardamom

Whisk potato starch with 100 ml milk. Cook the rest of the milk with 50 g sugar and as soon as it starts to boil add potato starch mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Add grated almond, rose water and cinnamon. After it is cooled down leave for 2 hours in the fridge. Cook the juice of one orange with the rest of the sugar and cardamom to a sirup. Add orange fillets to the syrup and serve on top of the pudding.

2 comments:

cakewardrobe said...

I can't wait for your almond milk recipe! I want to use it as a dessert with small tapioca in it!

chriesi said...

I have never made almond milk before so I am also very keen to taste it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails