Pages

March 5, 2008

Plum Granita and Lemon Ice Cube

It happened to me that I bought a bunch of tasteless plums. However they looked really nice, so I thought I give them a try before I throw them out. I also have a quite banal idea to share with you, which most of you sure have already tried. Slice lemon and cut in small chunks so that they fit into a ice cube maker form, add water and freeze. So that way you got two things at once: flavour and cold. By the way you can freeze that way anything into an ice cube from raspberry to rose petals. It is a nice decoration for any kind of cold drink.


Ingredients:
500 g plum
2-3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cut plum in half, remove core and puree together with sugar and cinnamon. Freeze for 3-4 hours and serve.

1 comment:

Charlotte Hume said...

I love the idea of this plum granita - will be trying this when the plums arrive!
Charlotte
Great Big Vegetable Challenge

Related Posts with Thumbnails