Pages

March 4, 2008

Brownie Fudge Tart

A cooking friend of mine made this tart some time ago. I wanted to bake something today, and this one stood since a while on my cooking list. I realized that I do not have all ingredients, at least not the exact ones, like in the recepie at home. Instead of one kind of chocolate I used some dark Toblerone, and some orange flavoured dark chocolate. I had exactly 3 eggs left. For the ganache part I only had some white chocolate left, but I was sure this will not work out well. Insted of cream cheese I used quark. I also did not have enough unsweetend cocoa, so I used some sweetend, and reduced sugar. Pecans or walnuts were also not in my pantry, so I used almonds, what else...On the photo you can see that I could not resist and I did not wait till the ganache get cool, I had to try the tart, it was still lukewarm. It tastes absouletly amazing!!! Mmm, I could eat the whole myself. It bothers me still that I did not finish the tart completly and that I kinda screwed up the ganache part, which is no wonder as I still have not found the right white chocolate for baking.



Ingredients:
110 g pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped into pieces
200 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
85 grams plain chocolate ,chopped into small pieces
45 g unsweetened cocoa.
250 g sugar
3 eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
85 g regular cream cheese, cut into pieces
70 g flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Ganache:
55 grams plain chocolate, chopped.
80 ml heavy whipping cream

Preheat the oven 165° C.
Grease 9 inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, and th
en line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
In a metal bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chopped chocolate.
Beat the cocoa, then the sugar, into the chocolate mixture, beating until incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and then beat in the cream cheese, until small pieces remain. Add the flour and salt and mix by hand
just until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the nuts.
Pour the batter into the tart pan and spread it evenly with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. The batter will fill the pan almost to the top.
Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until the batter has set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Then, with the end of a wooden spoon (1/2 inch diameter) (1.25 cm) that is well greased, make holes (spacing them evenly about 1 inch (2.54
cm) apart) into the top of the brownie tart. As you insert the end of the wooden spoon into the tart twist the spoon to prevent the tart from tearing. You should have about 25-30 small holes. Then, with a small spoon fill the holes with the ganache. The ganache will sink as it cools so add more ganache, as needed. Let the tart cool completely and then cover and refrigerate. While the tart is baking make the Ganache:
Place the chopped chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.

4 comments:

test it comm said...

That looks good. Nice and dense and moist and decadently chocolaty.

chriesi said...

Thanks. It is very moist and that is what I love about it most.

Ahmed said...

Great work..I liked the twist on the ganache topping.

chriesi said...

Thanks Ahmed. :) But it did not work out well. Chocolate was not a good quality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails