Pages

March 11, 2008

Pork Tenderloin under Parmesan Cover with Vanilla flavoured purple mashed Potatoes

I am not a mashed potato fan anymore, when I was a child I loved it, but since I made it with pistachios, I was keen to do it again in another way. This time I used purple potatoes and added some vanilla and sliced almond. I had some beans (wide long ones) that I prepared again with some bacon and placed on top of the mashed potatoes. Tenderloin under this parmesan cap I prepare quite often, it not only looks good but tastes very good.

Ingredients:
500 g purple potatoes
50 g butter
50 ml milk

half vanilla bean
50 g sliced almond
salt
bean
bacon
stock
1 pork tenderloin
2 egg whites

3 tablespoon parmesan
2 tablespoon bread crumbs
thyme
pepper
Peel potatoes, cut in cubes and cook in salted water. Mash potatoes, add butter, milk and salt vanilla bean pulp, almond.
Slice bean and precook in some stock. Heat butter, add bacon after it is fried add beans and some more stock. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Slice pork, add salt and pepper, fry in butter. Beat egg white with a pinch of salt, add thyme, parmesan and bread crumbs, and mix well. Place fried meat in a
buttered form, but one teaspoon egg white mixture on top and bake for 7 minutes on 200°C or until they get a bit brown.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Hi Chriesi, I've finally gotten around to answering your meme tag. I hope you check it out.

Vanilla with potatoes sounds really adventurous and interesting.

Melita said...

That recipe really sounds delicious; it is morning here, but you got me soooo hungry!
I agree with kj, really adventurous!
It all looks like it was served in a "fancy restaurant" :)))
My son uses that expression a lot when he wants me to buy him something, he says: "mom, you are a better chef than those chefs in fancy restaurants"! Hahahaha! How sneaky is he?! :)))
Lucky, whomever you cook for!

chriesi said...

@ kj: I think it is not bad with the vanilla, it is very decent

@medena: tnx, oh hehe your son is funny :) I guess I would do the same with my mom hehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails