Pages

May 12, 2011

White Asparagus Panna Cotta

The asparagus season is just fantastic! Almost every week we eat about 2 kilogramms, usually together with a sauce for dinner. Therefore, I am a bit behind my plan with making different meals with asparagus, because when I would go for it, there is no more left.
Anyway, this time I managed to save some for a little experiment and finally, I could preapre the panna cotta. Its consistency is silky and you can taste both the kefir and the asparagus. On top there is a translucent white asparagus jelly with slices of green asparagus, and it is served with green asparagus spears coated with parma ham and morels.


Ingredients:
350 g white asparagus
200 ml cream
200 ml kefir
2 gelatine sheets
nutmeg
salt

Peel asparagus and cut in 1 cm thick slices. Cook it together with the cream for about 20 minutes over low heat. Soak gelatine. Sieve, and set the asparagus aside, this can be used for preparing a a soup for example. Stir gelatine into the hot cream, add kefir and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour it into glasses and leave it to cool for at least 3 hours.

6 comments:

Faith said...

What a lovely use for white asparagus! I'm going to have to pick up another bunch and give this a try!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So pretty and spring-like! Those must have been very successful.

Cheers,

Rosa

Alina---Explora Cuisine said...

Wow!!! this is amazing, I've never heard of an Asparagus Panna Cotta before! I would love for you to participate with this post on my "Sweet Romania" May's challenge as one of my 2 ingredients to be used in a recipe is Asparagus! I love your blog, and you have such an amazing creativity! Congrats!

chriesi said...

Thank you very much! I am glad that you like my blog! I am going to check out the event you mentioned!

Deeba PAB said...

How adventurous and creative! WOW!!

chriesi said...

Thank you Deeba! I am glad you like it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails