Pages

January 6, 2010

Warm Tomato Consommé

Well, nobody on Earth should prepare a tomato consommé in winter. One can discuss about using canned tomatoes, but I am not going to be part of that. So why did I serve it as the 2nd course? When I prepared last year my first tomato consommé, I told my mom about it. She was curious so, I thought to surprise her with it when they come to visit me the next time. Therefore I froze a portion enough for 4 persons as a starter or so. Of course I didn't want to serve a cold soup, therefore I warmed it and served among some ricotta-parmesan balls. She was thrilled and told me that this was the best soup she ever had.


Ingredients:
(recipe adapted from kísérleti konyha)

100 g ricotta
30 g parmesan
1,5-2 tablespoons flour
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs

Grate parmesan and mix with the ricotta, flour, egg yolk and the breadcrumbs. Season with a touch of nutmeg and freshly ground pepper. Let it stand for a while, so that the breadcrumbs
can soak. With wet hands roll small balls and cook them in boiling water. They are ready when they swim on top.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wonderful and so refined!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Tomatenessenz ist etwas ausgezeichnetes, nicht nur deswegen, weil sie klar ist und überhaupt nicht nach Tomate aussieht, aber kräftig danach schmeckt.

Houdini said...

Other food bloggers do geocaching, I did treasure hunting in your blog. In the 2nd reading I finally found the link and there found the consommé recipe between the lines, so to say :-) Your enthusiasm for this soup is contageous, I'll try it, hot, with your Knödel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails