Pages

January 12, 2010

Winter Salad

After the holiday time, with the tons of cookies and the heavy food, I really needed a break. I guess, I am not the only one! Therefore I haven't cooked much this year, yet. Basically, because I spend a lot of time reading cookbooks, that I enjoy very much and time just runs so fast. In fact, I wanted to serve my favourite coleslaw for dinner with some leftoever cold meat. But, then I opened the fridge and I discovered some forgetten vegetables that inspired me to use as many different ones as possible. That is how this salad was created.


Ingredients:
150 g white cabbage
150 g red cabbage
3 carrots
1 fennel
1 red beet
1 piece of celery root

1 piece of black radish
1 onion
200 g kefir
juice of 1/2 a lemon

1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
chervil
parsley
salt, pepper



Shred vegetables as fine as possbile and sprinkle with salt and pepper. For the sauce just whisk the kefir, mustard, olive oil and the lemon juice together, season and pour it over the salad. Add chervil and parsley leaves and serve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so schön kann ein Wintersalat aussehen !

Houdini said...

Jo säg nüt wegem Gwicht!
Are the cabbages, especially the red one, not a bit tough witout prior blanching?

chriesi said...

Merci!
I didn't find it tough (maybe because it was a very very small head of cabbage) but I think it depends how one likes it.

Marysol said...

Funny, I'm craving a cabbage salad in the middle of the night.
Unusual, maybe. But it's hard to overlook that glorious photo of crunchy vegetables.

chriesi said...

Thank you Marysol! I must say I could eat these kind of salads everday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails