Pages

January 14, 2010

Pork Satay - Daring Cooks

Time for the first Daring Cooks' Challenge of 2010! We just had it for dinner, but I must say it wasn't my cup of tea. The meat was kind of delicious, but the sauce...well it wasn't mine. Though I do like peanut sauce and I prepare it once in a while according to that pretty old recipe I posted almost 2 years ago. Anyway I am looking forward to the next challenge!


The January 2010 DC challenge was hosted by Cuppy of Cuppylicious and she chose a delicious Thai-inspired recipe for Pork Satay from the book 1000 Recipes by Martha Day.

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A terrific dish! Satay is so addictive!

Cheers,

Rosa

Houdini said...

I can appreciate your statement, if you eat satay indoors in Switzerland, I never did it. But it's great finger food: Imagine a warm tropical night in Malaysia, you are at a party, take some satays from the charcoal grill, dip them in the peanut sauce and eat them standing, under palms, talking to friends, just great.

Houdini said...

..further, I just realized your satays do not look as they do in SEA, sorry. There, the meat is on the skewer in small pieces, easy to eat without a tool.

chriesi said...

Indeed it is great finger food, I agree with you! For sure it will never taste like it does when it is fried over charcoal grill if you only can do it in a frying pan. Not to mention the missing palms! ;)

Audax said...

Well your satay looks fabulous at least sorry to hear the recipe wasn't to your liking. Beautiful photographs. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Raindrop said...

Végem van!
Ez az egyik legnagyobb kedvencem! :)
Bár eddig csak csirkével ettem...
A fotók gyönyörűek!

Related Posts with Thumbnails